JOB TITLE: Marketing Manager
REPORTS TO: Regional Marketing Manager. Performance evaluated by marketing management-level staff, with input from principals and technical managers.
STATUS: Full time/Exempt
LOCATION: Oakland, CA, San Francisco, CA; CA; Remote NorCAL
REQUISITION #: 2021-XXXX
NOTE: Job descriptions are subject to change at any time and may be routinely updated. This position description is intended to provide a general understanding of the nature and scope of the position; however, employees may be occasionally called upon to perform duties not specifically included below.
We envision a better world by shaping the infrastructure needed for healthy, resilient, and connected communities. Dar Group Global Infrastructure (GI) is comprised of affiliate firms that provide multi-disciplinary expertise in planning, design, engineering, project construction, and program management with an emphasis on technology, sustainability and resiliency for the transportation, buildings, and water sectors. With 5000+ people across 146 locations around the world, we connect people, places, and communities by providing world-class, innovative solutions to the world’s most complex engineering and design challenges.
We are seeking a Sr. Marketing Specialist/Manager provide support for marketing activities in our northern California and Pacific Northwest region. This individual will exercise independent judgment and perform most assignments based on specification of desired results. They may also supervise administrative, and marketing-related support staff, such as Marketing Coordinator or Marketing Assistants. The Sr. Marketing Specialist coordinates/directs the efforts of specialized consultants, such as photographers and other marketing related vendors. Additionally, they may assume temporary supervisory responsibility for technical staff assigned to marketing projects. Client contact often restricted to updating routine file information.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as project manager for the coordination, writing, editing and production of statements of qualifications, proposals, presentations and other marketing materials, or assist with such efforts.
- Implements communication strategy including project and personnel internal and external public relations efforts in coordination with the Corporate Communications Team.
- In partnership with appropriate thought leaders, develops a strategy for story-telling in written and visual forms.
- Composes narrative for marketing materials such as proposals and collateral using creative and persuasive writing skills.
- Creates concepts for and coordinates production of collateral materials.
- Develops strategy on project- and marketing sector-specific marketing activities, which may include content marketing plans.
- Assists in research of target markets and clients as directed.
- Gathers, formats and maintains accurate, up-to-date firm marketing information including staff bios, project descriptions and statistics, and other information for marketing purposes.
- Supports the implementation of corporate identity initiatives, and social media.
- Updates firmwide database with project and proposal information on an ongoing basis.
- Develops award submittals and coordinates public relations initiatives as needed, including social media participation with Corporate Communications Team.
- Oversees photography shoots (planning and coordination) and management of projects and staff images (formatting, filing).
- Produces high quality work products in terms of messaging, accuracy, content and compliance with customer requirements.
- Conduct and coordinate a range of marketing support activities as directed.
QUALIFICATIONS (INCLUDING EDUCATION and/or JOB EXPERIENCE):
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, or technical field.
- Minimum of 10+ years of marketing experience in a proposal-based marketing setting.
- A/E/C firm experience highly desired.
- Excellent writing and communication skills and attention to detail is also required.
- Must be proficient using MS Office (including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Adobe (including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat).
- Knowledge of Deltek Vision CRM databases a plus.
- Professional experience with transportation agencies in and around the Pacific Northwest preferred.
- Client focused, always striving to give clients the best solutions.
- Strong commitment to innovation by creating new and better ways to solve clients’ toughest challenges.
- High levels of integrity, always doing the right thing in an ethical, fair, and sustainable way.
- Demonstrated experience of collaboration in a diverse and inclusive team, working together toward technical excellence.
T.Y. Lin International is an equal opportunity employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type as protected by federal, state, or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The Company requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to weekly COVID-19 testing prior to attending any Company or client locations or events, unless an applicable accommodation is approved on the basis of protected grounds such as disability (e.g.: for medical reasons), religion, or sincerely held belief (or creed).