JOB TITLE: Marketing Specialist II
CAREER TRACK: Track: Other, Path: Other, Level: Other
REPORTS TO: Marketing Manager
STATUS: Full Time; Non-Exempt
LOCATION: San Diego, CA; Los Angeles, CA; Partially Remote Southern CA
REQUISITION #: 2021-3013
NOTE: Job descriptions are subject to change at any time and may be routinely updated. This position description is intended to provide a general understanding of the nature and scope of the position; however, employees may be occasionally called upon to perform duties not specifically included below.
T.Y. Lin International (TYLI) is a full-service, professional engineering firm focused on the planning, design, and construction of infrastructure solutions for public and private clients worldwide. The firm is an internationally recognized pioneer in solving the most difficult engineering challenges. Headquartered in San Francisco, California for over 65 years, TYLI has more than 3,200 professionals throughout the Americas, Asia, and Europe. TYLI is a member of Dar Group, a global, privately-owned professional services group, and its industry-leading family of Global Infrastructure companies.
We are currently seeking a Marketing Specialist to provide support for marketing activities across Southern California. Desired candidate exercises independent judgment and performs most assignments based on specification of desired results. May supervise administrative, and marketing-related support staff, such as Marketing Coordinator or Marketing Assistants. May also coordinate/direct the efforts of specialized consultants, such as photographers and other marketing related vendors. May assume temporary supervisory responsibility for technical staff assigned to marketing projects. Client contact often restricted to updating routine file information.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as project manager for the coordination, writing, editing and production of statements of qualifications, proposals, presentations, and other marketing materials, or assist with such efforts.
- Works with unit managers to implementation marketing plan.
- Implements communication strategy including project and personnel internal and external public relations efforts in coordination with the Corporate Communications Team.
- In partnership with appropriate thought leaders, develops a strategy for storytelling in written and visual forms.
- Composes narrative for marketing materials such as proposals and collateral using creative and persuasive writing skills.
- Creates concepts for and coordinates production of collateral materials.
- Develops strategy on project- and marketing sector-specific marketing activities, which may include content marketing plans.
- Assists in research of target markets and clients as directed.
- Gathers, formats and maintains accurate, up-to-date firm marketing information including staff bios, project descriptions and statistics, and other information for marketing purposes.
- Supports the implementation of corporate identity initiatives, and social media.
- Updates firmwide database with project and proposal information on an ongoing basis.
- Develops award submittals and coordinates public relations initiatives as needed, including social media participation with Corporate Communications Team.
- Produces high quality work products in terms of messaging, accuracy, content and compliance with customer requirements
- Conduct and coordinate a range of marketing support activities as directed.
TYPICAL ABILITIES AND ATTAINMENTS
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, management, and clients.
- Has the ability to read and understand requests for proposals (RFPs) and qualifications needed to organize and develop a relevant, thoughtful response.
- Has an interest in and ability to learn about industry-related concepts and apply that understanding to written marketing materials.
- Has an eye for design details and can guide development of persuasive graphics that tell concept-based stories.
- Can solve problems and work independently, and as a team player.
- Shares knowledge with others and seeks out knowledge that can be gained from others.
- Is proactive, resourceful, a self-starter and can easily multi-task against deadlines.
- Thrives in a collaborative, engaging and fast-paced environment.
- Is actively involved in professional and community organizations.
QUALIFICATIONS (INCLUDING EDUCATION and/or JOB EXPERIENCE):
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, or technical field.
- Minimum of 3+ years of marketing experience in an A/E/C firm.
- Excellent writing and communication skills and attention to detail is also required.
- Must be proficient using MS Office (including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Adobe (including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat). Knowledge of Deltek Vision CRM databases a plus.
- Client focused, always striving to give clients the best solutions.
- Strong commitment to innovation by creating new and better ways to solve clients’ toughest challenges.
- High levels of integrity, always doing the right thing in an ethical, fair, and sustainable way.
- Demonstrated experience of collaboration in a diverse and inclusive team, working together toward technical excellence.
T.Y. Lin International is an equal opportunity employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type as protected by federal, state, or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The Company requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to weekly COVID-19 testing prior to attending any Company or client locations or events, unless an applicable accommodation is approved on the basis of protected grounds such as disability (e.g.: for medical reasons), religion, or sincerely held belief (or creed).