Job Opening: Business Development Manager
ADVANTEC Consulting Engineers, Inc. is a rapidly growing professional engineering consulting firm, headquartered in Irvine, in addition to other offices in Diamond Bar and Palm Desert. We are a people-centric company looking for a self-driven Business Development Manager to join our dynamic growing team! This is a full-time position in Irvine office to assist in multiple areas including: Business Development and other Administrative functions to support our growth.
JOB TITLE: Business Development Manager
REPORTS TO: CEO
STATUS: Full time/Exempt
LOCATION: Irvine, CA (preferred); Diamond Bar, CA
ADVANTEC is hiring a Business Development Manager to support our business development activities in Southern California. This individual will manage all the BD activities conducted by engineering staff, and work with engineering staff and outside subconsultants and vendors to develop proposals, averaging 50-60 per year, and may also supervise administrative, and marketing-related support staff, such as Marketing Coordinator or Marketing Assistants. The Business Development Manager also coordinates the efforts of outside consultants, such as Corporate Affairs consultant, photographers and other marketing related vendors.
Please send your resume and cover letter directly to HR@advantec-usa.com as soon as possible, as this is an immediate opening.
- Coordinating proposal production with staff and outside subconsultants
- Event Coordination including conferences, exhibitions, and internal company events
- Updating company’s social media
- Serves as BD manager for the coordination, writing, editing and production of statements of qualifications, proposals, presentations and other marketing materials, or assist with such efforts.
- Timely communications with internal staff and external subconsultants and vendors to ensure on-time completion of proposals
- Assist in developing graphics for proposals and marketing materials.
- Assist the Proposal Managers to develop client presentation strategies, including story-telling in written and visual forms.
- Composes narrative for marketing materials such as proposals, representation project cut-sheets, resumes, etc. using creative and persuasive writing skills.
- Creates concepts for and coordinates production of collateral materials.
- Assist the Senior PMs to develop strategy on project marketing activities, including quarterly Strategic BD Plans.
- Assists in research of target markets and clients as directed.
- Gathers, formats and maintains accurate, up-to-date firm marketing information including staff resumes, representative project cut-sheets, and other information for marketing purposes.
- Supports the implementation of corporate social media and PR initiatives.
- Updates firmwide database with proposal information on an ongoing basis.
- Develops and coordinates public relations initiatives with our Corporate Affairs consultant, including contents for regular social media updates.
- Oversees photography shoots (planning and coordination) and for development of rep projects and proposals.
- Additional clerical duties, if needed
- Conduct and coordinate a range of marketing support activities as directed.
QUALIFICATIONS (INCLUDING EDUCATION and/or JOB EXPERIENCE):
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, business or related field.
- Minimum of 3+ years of marketing experience in an A/E/C firm.
- Excellent writing and communication skills and attention to detail.
- Must be proficient using MS Office (including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) and Adobe (including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat).
- Creativity in developing graphics for proposals and marketing materials a must.
- Knowledge of database software for rep projects and resumes update a plus.
- Professional relationships with clients in transportation agencies in Southern California a plus.
- High levels of integrity, performing duties in an ethical, fair, and sustainable way.
- Demonstrated experience of collaboration in a diverse and inclusive team, working together toward technical excellence.
- Promote teamwork and perform duties that meet with our culture values.